Municipal practioners are seeking-out science-based solutions to the impacts of climate change and natural hazards, and asking how neighboring communities are becoming more resilient. The Great Lakes Coastal Resilience Planning Guide (GLCRPG), formulated through 3 years of grassroots and interagency collaboration, echoes this community-demanded approach to resilience building. This online guide is a hub for planners and practioners, who are encouraged to share proven-solutions, tools, maps and data, publications, best practices, and lessons learned. The GLCRPG facilitates this knowledge exchange through community-authored case studies, which provide explicit guidance on everything from what tools to use to best practices for implementation.
- Learn what’s happening in Great Lakes communities from our Local Stories. Information ranges from news articles to outreach materials
- Discover specific solutions and tested strategies communities are applying to land use and zoning concerns, habitat and environmental protection issues, and infrastructure planning needs through community-authored Case Studies
- Access geospatial data, tools, applications, and web map services available in the region
- Connect with people and organizations working to address coastal hazard and climate change impacts in the region
- Identify events and funding sources related to coastal resilience and hazards
- Uncover relevant publications in the GLCRPG Library including: legal and regulatory documents, best practices, ordinances, comprehensive plans, and more